Perspectives in these links are not necessarily endorsed by GRI.
- 10 years ago science was broken -- I'm making it better / 25 November 2014 / Douglas Heaven / New Scientist, n.2996, p.32-33 — Science is plagued by bias, sloppy methods and dodgy statistics. John Ioannidis has dedicated his career to pointing out the flaws and getting rid of them.
- Us vs universe: Adventures in breaking light speed / 23 November 2014 / New Scientist, n.2996, p.39 — it's the ultimate speed limit -- but in some places, it seems the cosmic traffic cops are letting things slip
- Time Magazine Distorts Science History / November 23, 2014 / Creation-Evolution Headlines — Seen that magazine “Great Scientists” at the checkout counter? It’s a mixed bag.
- Saturn Rescues Earth: Outer Planet Wonders / November 22, 2014 / Creation-Evolution Headlines — how Saturn saved the Earth, and other news from the ringed planet, its family, and other bodies in the outer solar system
- Darwin Sale / November 21, 2014 / Creation-Evolution Headlines — We need to clear the deck of evolution news. Here’s a list of headlines presented “as is” for interested readers to research further.
- The mystery of the dead galaxies / 21 November 2014 / Ann Finkbeiner / Science, v.346, n.6212, p.905-907 — Astronomers thought they knew why all galaxies eventually redden and die. They were wrong.